Breakfast at Leisure
Explore West Moloka‘i.
On Highway 460, drive west towards Päpöhaku Beach Park.
- A contender for the finest beach in all of Hawai‘i, this beach is three miles in length and 100-yards wide, the second largest in Hawai‘i.
- Caution is recommended as strong ocean currents prevail at this beach.
Dixi Maru Beach
- This beach is located at the end of Kaluakoi Road, south off Päpöhaku Beach, a beautiful and secluded beach in a small cove.
Big Wind Kite Factory
- Handmade kites & windsocks made on Moloka‘i, Hawaiian books & music, and unusual items from around the world fill this shop.
- Definitely the most colorful & whimsical shop on Moloka‘i.
- Located in Maunaloa Town, take Highway 460 west until the road curves left into Maunaloa.
Moloka‘i Plumeria Farm
- This farm is the largest supplier of plumeria, symbols of Aloha,in the Hawai‘i. Their flowers can be found in airport lei shops, and in hotels & restaurants.
- Located in Kalamaula, about 2.5 miles west of Kaunakakai Town, on Maunaloa Highway
- The beautiful “Classic Yellow” blossoms are picked bright and early in the morning, then shipped statewide. They are also certified and shipped to mainland clients.
- Call in advance for a tour of the farm, where you’ll enjoy making your own Moloka‘i grown plumeria lei.